Friday, September 18, 2009

No Zombies!

The first week of lessons was so wonderful. I saw so much promise, heard so much potential. You all looked so optimistic, like you were looking forward to new classes, new teachers, for some of you a new school. You looked excited about voice lessons and sang with so much energy.

Well, the honeymoon must be over. This week I saw stress oozing out of every pore. All of the enthusiasm from last week - gone. Many of you looked as if you had been drained of your life essence. I felt like I was teaching zombies! Clearly, this must be remedied. If you're that run down in a lesson, how will you ever be able to accomplish anything?

A few pointers for the completely strung out and stressed out amongst you:
  • Time management is key. You have time if you plan well.
  • Include meals in your schedule. You people are so busy that you often forget to eat well-balanced meals on a regular basis. Don't skip meals. Your brain and body don't appreciate it. If your lesson is right after school, pack an energy bar to have on the way. If you have time to run home first, grab a snack.
  • Get enough sleep. You need to get the right amount of sleep for your brain to function properly. Too little sleep results in poor concentration, sluggishness, and can lead to cranky diva syndrome. Boo to cranky divas. Try to plan your projects and studying well enough so that you're not staying up until the wee hours.
I know you've heard it all before, but I'm sayin' it again and you can't stop me. I want to see strong, confident singer people walking into my studio. I want to see concentration, determination, energy, and enthusiasm out of every single one of you. No zombies!


No comments:

Post a Comment